I am officially in my 2nd Trimester and feeling so much better. Finally getting my energy back (can actually get through the day without a nap!) and am slowly getting back into my old routine. I am definitely showing and am in maternity pants, which by the way are so comfortable!
There have definitely been some
pregnancy surprises along my new journey.
- "Morning Sickness" all the time, nausea and throwing up. I think I might be the only person to get sick... while driving. One week all I could keep down were baked potatoes and toast with peanut butter.
- Vivid dreams.... and nightmares! One night Ben woke up to me screaming bloody murder (well, I was actually screaming something about feet). It took him awhile to calm me down and wake me up. He half expected one of our neighbors to call 911 because I was screaming so loud. Crazy!
- Cramping. Did you know cramping is totally normal? My poor doctor gets to reassure me that cramping is fine every doctor's appointment.
- Lethargy. I have never felt so tired in my life! Some days I would come home from work, crash on the couch, eat dinner, then fall asleep by 8pm.
- Migraines! Yikes! I have never had migraines before in my life. Got one so bad that I was stuck in bed for 2 days.
- Nasal congestion... imagine you have a cold.... but 3x worse. Very weird.
- Food aversions. For awhile the only meat I could eat was pork and the thought of chicken made me nauseous and beef tasted weird. Oh, and the smell of coffee made me sick.
Last but not least....
Some of my oddest cravings have been...
- Udon Noodle Soup (Ben was nice enough to pick some up on his way home from work)
- Beer (No, I didn't give into this craving)
- Ice Cream (About 1/3 a tub to be exact.... which is odd because I never have had a sweet tooth)
- Plain, white rice.... was my dinner one night
- Green olives.... had to be the green ones
- And one of the coolest experiences thus far....
- hearing the baby's heart